Monday, September 1, 2008

The time is?...

With the kids in school I have a lot more time on my hands. I expected myself to have a very hard time with having them gone... missing them way too much, being bored, and downright miserable. That is so not the case!! I have found time to clean the house, plan dinners, take a shower, put on makeup, read a book, and just enjoy being ME!!! Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my kids to pieces, and would prefer to have them home, but it sure hasn't killed me when they aren't. I think that this time has been rejuvenating for me, and exactly what I need. I think that with a baby on the way, and knowing that this time 'alone' is only temporary also helps. ;) So I really am trying to enjoy each and every moment of my alone time that I can, because I know it won't last forever!! I think it has made for a much happier mom and wife though. My goal is, even after the baby is born, to make more time for myself. I think that moms and women in general have a hard time doing this, and I am no exception!! I have learned though how important it is to take time for yourself. I would encourage and challenge all women and moms out there to find a moment to just relax, and breathe deep... do whatever it is that makes you feel like you!! The time has come to not only take care of yourself, but to pamper and spoil yourself.

No comments: