Tuesday, September 2, 2008

CHANGE

I have learned about myself that I have a hard time with CHANGE! It doesn't matter if it is a big change, or a little change, I need time to readjust. I got used to our summer schedule very quickly, and I don't remember a summer ever going by so fast. Now that school is again in session I must again readjust my schedule. Although I have been lucky that we haven't been late to school yet, it has been a struggle for me. Part of it is I think I just hate admitting to myself that I have a child OLD ENOUGH to be GOING to school! Where has the time gone? I am slowly learning that the kids (and myself) NEED now to go to bed earlier, so they can wake up on time in the morning. Fix lunches the night before, stay up on the laundry, all those good things that I became lazy at during the summer are now coming back and calling my name. Don't worry, I will be okay, I just need TIME. Rather than keep denying, I will instead bask! I will enjoy my kids each day, crazy schedule and all. Yes they are growing up, but we still have time before they move out!! So I will enjoy that time and these years I have with them, while also trying to STOP time in my own ways.

No comments: